Already from 5 minutes delay at the destination, the fare will be refunded for a journey in the NVV area.
The ticket is only refunded if the passenger actually arrives late at the destination of the entire journey. There is no refund for delays en route if the arrival at the destination is on time. For single tickets, the fare is refunded on a 1:1 basis. For all other tickets, the refund will be made on a pro rata basis, but no more than as often as the actual purchase price has been reached.
In the case of MultiTickets, the refund is made per journey, irrespective of how many people are travelling with the ticket.
If you have any questions about tariffs or timetables, please use our NVV ServiceTelephone!
0800-939-0800 (free of charge)
You can contact us
- daily from 5 am to 10 pm
- Friday and Saturday until 0 o'clock
The personnel in the customer centers and InfoPoints will also be happy to help you with any questions you may have.
Customer Centres, InfoPoints and Mobility Centre
You can submit complaints about polluted vehicles or stops via our customer dialogue.
This is part of the NVV 5-Minute-Guarantee, which stands for the desire to make our customers happy all along the line.
Have you lost someting?
Then you can contact the public transport company directly. If you do not know the transport company, the NVV ServiceTelephone on 0800-939-0800 (free of charge) will be happy to help you. You will need to know the exact journey time, the boarding stop and the direction of travel.
For journeys with groups, please register with the NVV ServiceTelephone at 0800-939-0800 (free of charge) is necessary.
- On regional trains and on the RegioTram, registration is required at least 10 working days in advance for groups of more than 20 people or for groups with bicycles.
- For bus trips, groups of 10 or more persons must register at least 3 working days in advance. As a rule, a maximum of 30 people can be transported. Unfortunately, it is not possible to take groups with bicycles on buses.
- In an AST and with Mobilfalt, the transport of groups is not possible, as mostly passenger cars are used.
- Bei Trams und Bussen der KVG ist eine Anmeldung nicht notwendig.
Please understand that it is not always possible to provide additional seating capacity. In this case, we will be happy to advise you on alternative travel connections.
- All non-school-age-children may use the buses and trams in the NVV area free of charge, even if they are travelling in a group
- The purchase of a U18 large group ticket, for example for kindergarten excursions, is no longer necessary
- Adult accompanying persons require a valid NVV ticket
The decision on whether or not to take a pet on a journes is the responsibility of the driver or train attendant.
- Pet transport is free of charge.
- Dogs only travel on a leash and under supervision.
- Dogs that could endanger fellow passengers must wear a muzzle.
- Other pets may only be carried in suitable containers.
- In a passenger ca (e.g. AST), dogs are only carried in a transport box and if they are no larger than a house cat.
- Guide dogs accompanying a blind person are always taken along.
Our staff on the trains are responsible for ensuring the journey can take place with no dangers or complications for passengers. A dog may be prohibited from travelling. Our staff are experienced and able to assess situations well – their decisions must be respected.
Bicycles may be transported free of charge in the means of transport intended for them:
- If the operational situation calls for it, transport company employees are authorised to prohibit the transport of bicycles.
- There is no entitlement to take your bicycle.
- Bicycles must be stored in the marked areas without disturbing other passengers and ensuring passageways remain clear
- Groups with bicycles must register 10 working days before the journey using the NVV service hotline on 0800-939-0800 (free of charge). Groups cannot take bicycles on buses.
As our staff are responsible for safety, their decision on the vehicle’s capacity or the storage location of the bicycles must be respected.
Prams, buggies and luggage are transported free of charge.
In general, the general conditions of carriage of the NVV apply to the free transport of things or pets.
- With yearly tickets, JobTickets and DiakonieTickets, up to 3 children under the age of 6 travel free of charge. On Mondays to Fridays from 7 p.m. and all day on weekends and public holidays, one adult and all children under 18 belonging to the household travel free of charge.
- With the LandesTicket for employees of the State of Hesse and the Seniorenticket Hessen Komfort, any number of children under the age of 6 travel free of charge. On Mondays to Fridays from 7 p.m. and all day on weekends and public holidays, one adult and any number of children under 15 travel free of charge.
With the RegionalExpress (RE), you can reach your destinations particularly quickly. It mainly serves the larger towns in northern Hesse and connects them with Kassel and the neighbouring regions. There is a connection to the long-distance network from Kassel-Wilhelmshöhe station.
The RegionalExpress runs at least every 2 hours. All trains are air-conditioned, have 1st class areas, toilets and multi-purpose areas.
The RegionalBahn (RB) reliably connects large and smal towns in Northern Hesse. It stops at many stations and provides connections to Kassel and other destinations in neighbouring regions. On routes where the RegioTram also travels, the RegionalBahn only stops at the most important stations. This makes it faster on these routes.
RegionalBahn trains run at 1-hour intervals almost everywhere. All trains have toilets and storage areas for luggage, wheelchairs and bicycles.
The RegioTram (RT) takes you from the surrounding area directly into the centre of Kassel - there is no need to change trains. Almost all RegioTrams run every 30 minutes between Obervellmar and Kassel city centre even every 15 minutes. In the evenings and on Sundays, the RegioTram run every hour. The connections are precisely adapted to buses and regional trains.
RegioTrams have step-free, wide entrances and space for bicycled and prams. The vehicled are air-conditioned. You will find ticket machines in the vehicle.
In the area around the city of Kassel and in the city area itself, the trams run in a dense network and at close intervals (at least every 15 minutes during rush hour). Except for one line, every tram goes directly into the city centre and stops there at Königsplatz. Almost all trams are low-floor vehicles, which allow comfortable boarding and alighting.
Many platforms are handicapped accessible. You will find ticket machines in the vehicle.
Our regional bus lines usually run hourly from early morning to late at night and operate daily. Where possible, they connect to railway stations in order to establish a link with the interlinked rail network. They run at a clearly recognisable interval so that departure times are easy to remember. However, there may be exceptions if school transport or changed connections make this necessary, e.g. at the edge of the day.
Modern low-floor buses are used, which allow barrier-free access.
Our local bus routes also run - where possible - in a clear cycle, at least every 2 hours, but also more frequently. Here, deviations in the timetable are more frequent due to school needs. In some cases, additional AST services run in gaps in the timetable. Modern low-floor buses are used, which allow barrier-free access.
10 towns in the NVV network area offer passengers their own bus routes - the CityBus. It runs every 30 or 60 minutes in: Bad Hersfeld, Bad Sooden-Allendorf, Bad Wildungen, Baunatal, Eschwege, Hofgeismar, Korbach, Melsungen, Witzenhausen and Wolfhagen. » More Info
Tickets can be purchased from the driver on all buses.
On routes that are less in demand, call-sharing taxis (AST) are used. These have fixed timetables and stops - all you have to do is book your journey in advance. » More Info
NVV-Mobilfalt is a simple and inexpensive local transport service that links individual transport with the conventional means of bus or rail transport. Existing local public transport services are thus efficiently and flexibly supplemented by "Mobilfalt" journeys. If no private provider is available, the local taxi operator takes over the journey. » More Infos